E-85 vs UNL87 Delivered Cost Comparison
Example: 1st half 2014, retailers purchased delivered E85 from The Andersons at 85 cent /gallon lower delivered cost than UNL87! Most retailers sell E85 at a 60-70 cent discount to UNL87 price… therefore pocketing 15-25 cents / gallon ADDED margin over UNL87! Also attracting more consumers due to posted E85 price… thereby increasing inside sales!
Let Us Help You Become an E-85 Dealer
Top Reasons to Carry E-85
- With only 3,300 stations offering E-85 nationwide, carrying E-85 will differentiate your store from others.
- You can increase your profit margin while lowering the price of fuel to the consumer.
- Offering E-85 attracts new customers, which increases fuel and in-store sales. Most municipal vehicles like police, fire and city maintenance are flex fuel vehicles.
- E-85 is commonly sold at a strong discount to unleaded gasoline.
- There are nearly 16 million flex-fuel vehicles on the road, with more being produced every day.
- Installing E-85 helps to prepare your station for future blends.
- E-85 is better for the environment, which appeals to the environmental consumer with flex fuel vehicles.
- Installing E-85 isn’t as expensive as you might think.
- E-85 sold through a blender pump (dispenser) allows you to offer more blends meaning more options for your customers.
- You can buy directly from ethanol plants, which avoids fuel terminal margins, middleman markups and higher prices.
The Andersons Difference
Quality Assurance Program
When you buy E-85 from The Andersons, you can rest assured that you are receiving high quality E-85 from a reliable producer.
- Our ethanol and denaturant samples are tested regularly by a third party laboratory.
- Our E-85 blenders are set to meet all ASTM specifications for the state required seasonal class as directed by ASTM D5798-11.
- Our E-85 meets the ASTM monthly specifications for each state.
- Our E-85 meets the ASTM Reid Vapor Pressure specific range requirement for each of the four classes (Class 1 for warmer weather, Class 2 and 3 for cooler weather and Class 4 for cold weather)
- We use only state of the art computerized blend equipment set at tight perimeters to assure an accurate blend.
- We have been blending E-85 for three years.
- In addition to our quality, we sell our E-85 at a competitive price and we can deliver partial (4,000 gallons) or full loads (8,000 gallons) to your location.
About The Andersons
The Andersons grows enduring relationships through extraordinary service, a deep knowledge of the market and a knack for finding new ways to add value as we have done for nearly 70 years. Publicly traded since 1996 (NASDAQ: ANDE), today The Andersons is a diversified company conducting business across North America in the grain, ethanol, and plant nutrient sectors, railcar leasing, turf and cob products, and consumer retailing. For more information, visit www.andersonsinc.com.
Why E-85 from The Andersons?
- Buy direct from ethanol producer
- 4 Ethanol plants offering E-85 in OH, IN, MI, IA
- Low cost E-85 – cut out all middle marketers
- Computer blended to .01% accuracy
- All blends tested and verified for ASTM specifications
- 24/7 load access at all plants
- Prices sent via DTN or email
- Automatic email of BOL at time of loading
- Exceptional customer service and support
The Andersons Ethanol
The Andersons investment in ethanol is a natural extension of our core business competencies in grain operations, corn originations, and commodity processing. We are currently a significant investor in and manage the operations of The Andersons Albion Ethanol LLC (Michigan), The Andersons Clymers Ethanol LLC (Indiana), The Andersons Marathon Ethanol LLC (Ohio), and The Andersons Denison Ethanol LLC (Iowa). Each year these facilities collectively produce 330 million gallons of ethanol, 25 million gallons of finished E-85, 85 million pounds of corn oil and 1 million tons of DDGs. Visit www.andersonsethanol.com
What Cars Run on E-85?
Click to view the “Can you Flex-Fuel?” list of available flex-fuel vehicles on the market today.
Why Flex Fuel?
- 3,200 E-85 retail sites and growing
- More than 15 million flex-fuel vehicles (FFV) on the road today
- Half the vehicles made by American car manufacturers are FFVs
- Higher retail sales volume than premium gasoline
- Easy access to offer E-15 and Mid-Blends
- Consumers are drawn to low priced E-85
- Increases inside consumer sales
- Increase store profits
- Provides an advantage over the competition
Information on E-85
Information on E-15
Information on Flex Fuel Vehicles (FFVs)
Interactive Map of E-85 Retail Sites & FFV Density